2012-03-11

Shocking (literally) Laser Tube Experience

I have been busy lately testing new controllers and generally updating some things on the laser. Overall, things have gone well (full reports to come). But today's experience was a real shocker!

I ordered a new laser tube from the same eBay seller (qiandingzhensatisfaction) - formerly Love-HappyShopper, I did last time, as they are fast and very reasonably priced. Their emails are sometimes a bit confusing, but they have lived up to their advertising in the past, so "go with what you know"!

I installed the tube today and it was like the 4th of July coming 4 months early - fireworks everywhere.

I rechecked my wiring and carefully retested. More fireworks.


Here is another shot.


I jut finished emailing the company. I have been told they are very good about quickly replacing bad tubes. We'll see what happens, and I will let you know.


No comments:

Post a Comment